Monday 2 November 2009

Really funny from Nanowrimo...

I was doing my NaNoWriMo and was looking at the home page and saw this funny question and answer collum.


Q: Running Man With Pencil, you were the logo for National Novel Writing Month for five years until being replaced by a horned shield. Are you bitter? And what are you going to do now?
A: Bitter? Whatever, man. I’ve always been a runner, always pushing myself, and life after NaNo for me is just another set of big, fun, and scary challenges.

I’ll admit that my first few forays into the workplace weren’t that successful. I tried leveraging my celebrity status for some endorsement deals, but everyone wanted me to show up with the pencil. Now, I know that the pencil looks nice and shiny in the logo, but
after five years of writing, sharpening, erasing, and the occasional ring of chew marks – well, it’s not beautiful in anyone’s eyes but my own nowadays.

So instead, I’m going freelance, just contracting my services as an inspirational and motivational metaphor. I’m doing what I love, and it’s almost going too well. For instance, in June I accidentally inspired people to stage a celebrity riot for a barista in Tucson.

Oh, and then there was the time I accidentally over-motivated a step aerobics class, and caused a stampede.

And then there was Valentine’s Day. Right. It’s probably best if I don’t mention that.

And I really, really didn’t intend this one, but last week, I somehow ended up motivating a horde of space aliens to invade Earth. Don’t worry – I’m currently putting together a squad of ninjas, combat librarians, beekeepers, graphic designers, and pro golfers to defend the planet. I can’t say more, but you might be surprised to see who’s
missing from the PGA tour next year…

And now if you'll excuse me, we’re entering diplomatic talks with the Hive Queen of the Oxa’olorth next month, and I really should finish writing the Oxa’olortic-English Dictionary by then. Fortunately, the Oxa'olorans only have 50,000 words in their vocabulary. I think I can handle it.

Best of luck to everyone in 2009!



Isn't that funny!


So my current word count is 1,474 words. Yippee!

This Microsoft Monday is on journals!

see you later!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment