Tuesday 22 November 2011

Long time no see? Again??

Whew. Its been a long time since I posted here. Let's brush away the cobwebs though. Everyone, please please please tell me what you are reading and if you like it or not. This blog is just for reading... So lets read!

I recently read The Daughter of Time, its a great fictional book by Josephine Tey about the Two Princes in the Tower in London. An injured Inspector Grant sits in bed, unraveling a fictional mystery about how the poor princes deaths came about. Its a wonderful book-- Go Read It!!

I have also recently read Emily of Deep Valley, by Maud Hart Lovelace, which is about a high school graduate Emily who loves to learn and go to school, but sadly cannot go to college because she must take care of her Civil War veteran grandfather. I must have read this book a million times after I got it in the mail! In fact, I was Emily(the main character) for Halloween this past year! Now go read it!

~Claire

1 comment:

  1. The last book I finished was Candide, a pretty hilarious satire. I was wondering if you knew of any other super funny satires?

    ReplyDelete